ACG School Jakarta students have achieved remarkable results in their recent IGCSE Cambridge International examinations.
Our Year 11 cohort has excelled in their Cambridge studies, and we couldn’t be prouder of their hard work, commitment and focus. Despite the past 18 months being entirely taught via remote learning and online lessons, our students have received exceptional IGCSE results under the guidance and support of our specialist educators and faculty.
Our results speak for themselves:
- Our students achieved a 94% IGCSE pass rate
- An outstanding 45% of our IGCSE papers were awarded A* and A grades (80% and above)
This outcome illustrates strong performances across a wide range of subject areas.
Special mention must also be made of the standout marks of several students:
- Seoyeong Kim received six A* grades (90% and above) and three A grades (80% and above)
- Anirudh Reddy Sripathi was awarded five A* grades and four A grades
- Syed Raahem Haamer earned five A* grades and three A grades
- Mei Hutchinson received three A* grades and six A grades
- Lidia Condolaizza Napitupulu was awarded three A* grades and five A grades
“We are really pleased for our students who demonstrated resilience, perseverance and strong work ethic,” says ACG School Jakarta Principal Shawn Hutchinson. “Students faced additional challenges with late decisions to move to the non-examination route because of the pandemic. This required teachers to prepare and administer assessments remotely and prepare individual assessment portfolios for moderation in the final stages of each course.”
The Cambridge curriculum values disciplinary subject knowledge, encouraging curiosity, investigation, and enquiry. In addition, it focuses on the development of vital skills and learning competencies, such as problem-solving, time management and critical thinking abilities, to ensure students reach their highest potential.
Accordingly, our IGCSE students have developed essential approaches to learning skills and the solid foundations required to begin Year 12 – and the two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) – with confidence.
Congratulations to all of our students for this amazing result. We are delighted with your success and look forward to working with you throughout the IBDP.